Saturday, August 6, 2011

Milestones

Nola 2011
Nola 2010

SoFla Fair 2005
The past two weeks have been insane. From moving two households to celebrating in New Orleans, it has all led up to today. DB's visit was something extraordinary (as usual). I vaguely remember him lying on the sidewalk with his pants off at 5am as we dragged our behinds back to our hotel room, but it was all worth it. The hazy days were compensated by memories from the clear(er) days, but we were able to get most everything on camera. This Alabama bridge-swimming, jambalaya eating, steamboat riding, stage dancing adventure was one of my favorite (mostly because I'm finally legal). I never have the same experiences twice with him despite doing the same things twice....I'll never find another DB like the one I've got.

Today was the first day of the rest of my life. Or something like that. I've heard it after nearly every important milestone I've accomplished, so forgive me if the phrase has lost its luster. Though it seems like I've been out of school for months (probably because I have been), I'm happy to know that my business with Florida State is practically finished (still need to return my cap and gown, and pay some library fees lol). But at least this day is over.

From now on, there will be more working days, more mini-vacations with Justin before he gets another ship date, and less time worrying about the future. The thought of an all-inclusive (free!) honeymoon, and the anticipation of the arrival of our new Simplicity Gourmet kitchen set just adds to the excitement.



I'd like to take a second to thank my grandparents for everything they've done; not just for me, but for everyone they know and love. There aren't enough words that could describe the love I have for them, and the appreciation I have for the love they show me.

Thank you Nana and Pop for everything you do, all the miles you travel, and the late nights you've waited up for  me to come through your "rest-stop". I admire your strength, your marriage, and your "awesome sauce" attitudes. Essentially, I love you.

No comments: