Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How do polar bears know their noses are black?

My heart is beating quickly today. My mouth is dry. My myoclonic seizures are worse than usual.

There's so much that's happened lately that I'm not quite sure where to start...maybe with the awesome news that I added another piercing to my long list. Except I suppose that it's less of an addition and more of a substitution. Lose the tongue ring and add the nose ring. In my opinion though, you can barely see the stud considering a) it's so small and b) I have a freckly nose. But once the 6 week constraint has passed, I can get a shiny, new, non surgical steel stud. I do have to say that I didn't think the stud would be so awkward in my nose. But then again, nothing is ever as it seems.

I always forget why I appreciate my job here at the Hotline. (And not just because I have a job.) People are so honest! The open-mindedness is truly something I value and look forward to when I come to work. Though I'd like to be busier every now and then, I love the people here. I had a conversation this morning about faith and religion and openness with someone who thinks highly of faith, but not necessarily about the stigmas, judgement, and false pretenses that get buried beneath the foggy facade people call "organized religion".

How do you stay so honest and understanding and still hold firm to Christianity?  You're intelligent and openminded and avoid being fixated on a singular perspective. That just doesn't happen.

It's a good day when people who have only known you for a few months (and only pass you in the hall or come by to fix your computer) pick up on things like your devotion to God, and your desire to know and understand. I can honestly say that this has to be the best compliment I've gotten in a long time! While I attribute a lot of it to growing up, hardly making the best choices, and running around with a lot of (ironically brilliant) hooligans; I also praise God for giving me a wise eye toward the beauty and diversity of human nature. Though I pride myself on being open and brutal, yet caring and accepting, it's not everyday that those in your circle verbally substantiate the life you are trying to lead.

Less than a week ago, I encountered a blow to my ego that, simultaneously, reminded me of who I am and the woman I'm becoming. In the past, I may have reacted out of character or taken it further than need be. But last week, I evaluated the issue and decided it wasn't worth getting worked up about. In fact, while others were more upset about it than I was, I realized that I had made the right choice by letting the issue clear up and dissolve with time. I had avoided the time-bomb that Satan was trying to sow, and it quickly passed with minimal attention. God is so good when you let Him carry your burdens.

I'm personally thankful for all of the changes, though difficult, that have come and gone, and those still that need resolution. Though I see more decisions that need to made, I forsee an array of wonder and spiritual fulfillment ahead. But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:25

No comments: