Thursday, March 8, 2012

What's Your Song? {Link-up}

On the drive home from Charlotte, I woke up a few times to David's singing. I opened my eyes toward the trees; passing in quick succession, illuminated by hazy moonlight. I didn't dare turn to him; afraid that I would spoil the moment. Usually, he pitches a ridiculous sounding voice in an attempt to mimic the artist (Nicki Minaj is my current favorite voice). I laugh. He laughs. And he continues his silly singing. It's rare that I hear him belt out the words to my favorite oldies in his actual voice. And when I do, I get goosebumps. It's magical, lyrical, beautiful (this feels familiar...).

I like love it when he sings to me. This is one of my recent favorites:


Link up with Goodnight Moon to participate in next week's link-up.

2 comments:

Kristle Helmuth said...

Awww, what a precious moment! Sooo cute. and what a classic song! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

awe haha that's cute!

This song's going to be stuck in my head!