Tuesday, April 24, 2012

South Florida Wedding Adventures

WOW!
It's so good to be home. 
Seriously. 
I don't think I've ever been this happy to just....do nothing.
And by do nothing I mean I'm back at work.
Man that sounds bitter.
Did I mention that I hate my job?
I suppose I'm lucky to have one.

 
First of all, the week leading up to the wedding was insane. Talk about exhaustion and deliriousness.
I think I spent 60% of my trip shopping. Which would normally be great, but no one likes to pressure-shop. I vaguely remember screaming at David to hurry the f* up...in my head...quite frequently. Sigh. Men don't understand urgency. We managed to get in some great quality togetherness, despite all the weddingness. 

I love these hats. I have about 8,234,238,765 pictures like this one. Just different hats. One day, I will collage them all for you.
Beachy! Sorry about forgetting to put sunblock on your other shoulder, baby.
My cutie and I waiting at the drive-in! This is when having a convertible works wonders.
Cabin in the Woods....eh. At least it was on a huge screen.
We love us some water parks! I got slashed on one of them, though. I'm likely to have contracted the HIV.
 We ate a LOT of food, but only ran one time over the course of 10 days. 
Neither of which was a good idea. Dammit. Yolo, right?

Yay, for FINALLY finishing the C25K. Now it's just maintenance. INSANITY starts May 1st! I'm sure I gained some weight back on the trip. I'll do a fitness update with details soon.
My absolute South Florida favorite! Havana's Cuban cuisine :D
California Pizza Kitchen: lettuce wraps, dynamite shrimp, and delicious pizza creations.
Dada's: amazinnnnnng rehearsal dinner. Baked brie is so wonderful.
While I'm not a fan of Mediterranean food, this arrangement made it look quite enticing. Not that I tried any of it...
This pizza (and three others) was delivered to us like this. Was it in your briefcase, delivery-man-sir? I got white-girl cray cray (more like Jersey girl crazy) and got us four FREE new pizzas.
Preparation for the wedding was ridiculous, if I do say so myself. So much to do in so little time!! We were working ourselves to death, but the wedding, itself, was beautiful. Everyone's hard work was definitely worth it. 

Midnight cake ball prep for the bridal shower.
The bridal shower Bunco was a hit! It was definitely one of my favorite nights of the week. Well, except for a bachelor party (ahem) mishap. The consensus is that men are generally stupid and inconsiderate.
Flower selection was a tedious (cold!) job. But we wound up having beautiful arrangements thanks to Donna (the groom's mother) and yours truly.
Check out these nails! We looked so hot after waxing (my first Brazilian!!), manis, and pedis. Being a woman is hard (expensive) work.
David, Me, Connor (Laur's brother), Lauren, and Tyler at the rehearsal dinner.
It was a great week for pictures. We got a new Panasonic Lumix for an awesome shelf deal!! Much more convenient than carrying around my huge Canon. 
11 years of awesomeness. And I finally found a coverlett for my dress that I loved!
We're seriously adorable. I love this man. Never in my life have I been so grateful.  
Wedding day prep! Lauren got all the girls customized hangers, bags, and robes. I can't wait to see the bridesmaids' photo shoot. Only slightly provocative and risque.
Damnnnnn, I looked good. Kristen (makeup) and Amanda (hair) were stellar. I actually ended up wearing a pair of the photographer's throw away contacts because Lauren decided she wanted me sans-glasses. I guess it worked out. I looked hot. :P
Forgive the boob grab picture. We were getting her into her dress. She looked great!
I love this picture. While it looks like Sky is getting ready to hit me, we were actually showcasing our dance moves for the bridal party.
What an awesome bridal party: Nick, Me, Connor, Lauren, Ty, Sky, Lopez, Amanda, Kyle
A balancing act: this is what happens when the bride is super short. Thank God for parking garages and car stops.
Yay! Post "I do" pictures.
Decorating this gymnasium (which also doubled as my high school IB testing site) only took about 5 hours. I wish I had gotten a picture after all the flowers and centerpieces were out, but it still looks awesome in this pic! Great work, decorating team!
Sweaty dance faces. What a trooper.
My other David.
A hilarious rendition of the garter find. The flower girl thought it was a cute game and wanted in.
He totally showed me up on the dance floor, which doesn't surprise me. I tried though, I really did.


"Now all that's left is yours!" I can't begin to tell you how many times I've heard that lately. Jesus, people. I'm trying to get my life on track here! Stop pushing me! It did, however, redefine the reasons I'm in love with him. Weddings and stress always do that. I'm a lucky girl. Without him, I would have been an anxious, crazy mess.

The last exciting adventure happened just when we thought we were in the clear. The exhaust manifold in my car completely cracked, leaving my car sounding much like a run-down, old, crappy motorcycle. If it's not one thing, it's another with this stupid car. The repair barely burned a hole in my wallet, but the mustang sounds better than ever. All that's left now is unpacking, organizing, and getting back on schedule by eating properly and exercising regularly. Oh yeah, and catching up on the 70-some-odd blogs that I read. Hello!



xoxo
Missed you guys!

No comments: